Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Rambling Introduction (of course)

OK, this sucks. I have this brand new blog page and I have no idea how to get it started. I mean, I have this really huge article I plan to post as a kind of introduction to both the blog and the soon-to-be-up-and-running hermitradio.com web page (home page for Stuck in the Psychedelic Era), but I really wanted to save that for the second post. I'm not 100% sure why. I think it has something to do with me keeping my options open for what I can put on the blog itself. I figure if I go with the article first, people will think that the whole blog is about the radio show. The problem is, I may want to occasionally talk about something else entirely. Like the relative merits of buying a DVD of a TV show a year after the episodes originally air as compared to experiencing the first airing. Or whether it's better to play Magic the Gathering online or buy physical cards. Or the night our rock band and its entourage took over an entire drive-in theater back in the summer of '71.

Then again, I may not ever write about any of those things here. But I want to know that if I want to, I can.

So that's it. My first post.

Now, stay tuned for something I call "The Temporary Democratization of American Pop Music in the Mid-1960s."

2 comments:

  1. I vote for Physical Magic Cards and I think you should post the story from '71. And my vote should count since I am the first follower on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Consider your vote counted (although I don't remember this being a democracy, but hey, I'm easy).

    ReplyDelete