Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stuck in the 21st Century

Big news this time around.

Thanks to the folks at fingerlakes1.com, the official Stuck in the Psychedelic Era web page (www.hermitradio.com) is up and running. My contact in the 21st century tells me the correct term is “published,” which sounds a little weird to me, since I can’t take it to work with me in my backpack, but what do I know? I’m just a hermit stuck in the psychedelic era (hey that sounds like a good name for a radio show).

Anyway, the thing is available for viewing, assuming you have a computer (and if you don’t, just how are you reading this?).

So what is there to see at www.hermitradio.com you ask? Well, for one thing, you get to see the spiffy new Stuck in the Psychedelic Era logo (in full color), along with a brief description of the show itself. There is also a link back to this blog (just in case you get lost in cyberspace), a link to the ubiquitous Temporary Democratization of American Popular Music in the mid to late 1960s article (really. Look up the word “ubiquitous” and you’ll see what I mean), a download page (exclusively for affiliate stations’ use, although I’m trying to get a link to the most recent week’s playlist for anyone to look at added to it), and a contact page so you can send me an e-mail.

That last item is an important one, since it is the primary way we’ll have to stay in touch once the show goes into syndication (which could be as early as next week, although I do plan on doing at least one more live show exclusively on WEOS in early May). The contact page will function mainly as a feedback page, although if you have a request and don’t mind waiting a couple weeks to hear it you can use if for that as well. The main thing though is that I really do want feedback from you. As I’ve said before, the only drawback to syndication is that I won’t have the opportunity to talk to you on the phone during the show (although to be honest the quality of the show has sometimes suffered from my being on the phone instead of paying attention to what was going on over the air).

So, that’s the big news from me. What’s new with you? I guess you’ll just have to go to the above-mentioned contact page and let me know, won’t you?

The Hermit

No comments:

Post a Comment